Monday, November 3, 2008

Not So Awesome...


Yes, as I mentioned in my previous post, here I am with a post, once again on my views regarding some of the movies I watched recently.

Dhaam Dhoom: This one is a major DISSAPOINTMENT. Songs as usual, are awesomely awesome...simply because they're by Harris Jeyaraj. But, why the movie has not lived up to the expectations??? Here's a few reasons...First of all, the whole movie lacks logic...simple logic!!!
I know that one cannot expect logic in movies, esp. Tamil ones, but this one simply has no logic at all. A guy who's being chased by the ever-inevitable Russian cops, actually walks around the city with his lawyer, who actually falls in love with him!!!.And have I mentioned that they even have a sort-of-a-duet in between???
Okay, leave that. I am still amazed how the director came up with the idea of having Kangana Ranaut play the role of a village-belle! But, the only positive thing about this movie other than the music is the theme taken up by the director. Anyway, in short, this movie is not worth anyone's time/money.

Jayam Kondaan: This movie was a surprise to me. Frankly, I wasn't planning to watch this movie. But, after watching a few scenes featuring Vivek, I rent the DVD. Starring Vinay (Unnale Unnale fame) and Bhavana this movie was fun to watch. Again, this movie deals with a different,rare theme one can find in Tamil movies, of the relationship between a guy and his step-sister. Vinay is the hero and Lekha Washington,a newcomer plays the step-sister. Songs are okay, and my favourites would be Sutri Varum Bhoomi and Naan Varaindhu Vaitha. This one is a family entertainer and I would recommend it to everyone.Bhavana has dubbed for herself, and what can I say...her voice suits her and her Tamil is not bad! Overall, this is a feel-good film.

Sakkarakatti: Let me be frank here. The only reason I watched this movie was for AR Rahman's songs. And, clearly, that was the only exciting thing about the movie. Even that, the makers of this movie have managed to pull down a few notches by over-the-top graphics for the songs with not-so-nice picturisations. I was eagerly waiting to watch 'Marudhaani', my favourite song in the album, and I just skipped it. It was that dissapointing. One thing that dissapoints not only me, I believe many Tamil movie fans would agree is that, ARR's songs are generally not so good visually as much as it deserves to be. The last time ARR's songs got justice was in Sivaji. Anyway, in short, Sakkarakatti is a movie with nothing much but crap. Shanthanu (Bhagyaraj's son) has done okay for a debut but other than him, the other main star casts are simply crap, to say the least. As the poster on the left suggests, it's nothing but a musical treat by AR Rahman.Please skip this one.

That's all for now. Chao!

3 comments:

tulipspeaks said...

u have saved me from sakkaraikati.

thanks bro!


ammu.

Sree said...

hey,ur welcome!!!

p.s: sis not bro...LOL

Sree

Anonymous said...

As you said, I was surprised too in watching "Jayam Konden". Liked it.

I too tried out Sakkarakatti just for the sake of ARR. A few minutes into the movie, I decided to do something better. So I went ahead and made dinner. :)