Friday, February 4, 2011

Grey's Anatomy 7.13

I am a huge huge Grey's Anatomy fan. I love the show for a lot of reasons, but that's for another post! Anyways, Grey's airs every Thursday (Friday in M'sia) in the US and people outside US usually get to watch it after around 6 hours on websites that offer streaming of the show.

I used to watch it on friday afternoons, but the power of internet is such that for the past few months I have been watching it live. I love talking about this show and discussing it but not many of my friends really follow this show. So, to vent my feelings about the stories in this show, I thought that I would post mini-reviews sort of a thing after every other episode.

So, now regarding today's episode; it's titled "Don't Deceive Me". Callie Torres is preggers with Mark Sloan's baby and quite surprisingly, her 'lesbian lover', Arizona agreed to stay with her and help raise the baby. Meanwhile, things didn't go so well with Lexie. I mean, it's quite natural to get pissed if your boyfriend sleeps with his BFF when you were not exactly together, and then when you get back with him, he lets you know that Callie is carrying his baby.

That's exactly how you go from being like THIS:


to THIS:



within 45 minutes!

Mark was undeniably happy when he heard that Callie was having his baby and he decided that he will be there with Callie and support her through this. He even went to the extent and proposed marriage but thank God Callie threw that idea away making Mark realize that he can't really marry Callie because guess what, he's in love with Lexie! And then he manages to cringe thinking about how he's gonna break the news to Lexie. But, I do get why he brought up marriage, he probably thought that that was the right thing to do in regards to the baby, but whatever.

I was basically devastated.Being a huge shipper of this couple, Mark & Lexie. As much as I don't want them to break up, I totally get why Lexie reacted the way she did. While cooking dinner, Mark told Lexie the dreaded news.
"How the hell did you get me in this position TWICE"
was all Lexie had to say to Mark.Halway through last season, Mark's grandson whom he voluntarily wanted to raise up (without discussing it with Lexie) broke them up because Lexie wasn't ready to be a mother/grandmother.It took almost one whole season for this two characters to get back on track.Plus they were together for only 2 episodes, and all hell broke loose and ripped them apart! What a great way to crush millions of fans and shippers, don't you think!

I am extremely emotional right now, because for the past 2 season, I have been patiently waiting for a beautiful storyline for Mark/Lexie. They are two amazing, not to mention gorgeous characters that are totally made for each other. And, the thought of them being apart is hurting me. No, I am not kidding. It's seriously hurting me inside. I know, I would never have believed that I would be so invested in a TV show like this,but what can I say? I am just keeping my fingers crossed that both of them will get back together asap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I so agree with you the past year has been heartbreaking to watch from the 'I cant even look at you right now' to the whole Teddy 'I want to build something crap'.

I have to be honest Push was the episode that had me crying all weekend yes I know how sad that sounds. But Lexie crying breaks my heart. And I loved them together.

Watching being so happy about the baby breaks my heart and the idea of mallie baby sucks. But Lexie's reaction was right on.

I really would like to see Mark fighting to get her back, but I have a feeling that LJ may happen.

I believe that ML will end up together but I guess Lexie just needs some time. And next week looks like an kick ass Lexie episode.

Liz

Sree said...

Liz, trust me I totally get you.

Sometimes, I spend hours just thinking about them and how messed up their relationship is.

Yes, the whole idea of the baby is so wrong on so many levels to me.

I would love to see Mark trying his level best to get Lexie back as well. But, as you mentioned, LJ might happen before any sort of happiness for ML.

And, a big YAY to a Lexie-centered episode. By the way, thanks for stopping by.

It's always a pleasure to interact with another ML shipper. :D