Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stuck in My Head!

It's been quite some time since I posted anything related to music, and this is just the right time.
As the title suggests, for the past couple of months, there have been a number of songs that got stuck in my head. I am not complaining, but seriously, who would want songs playing in their head when they are in the middle of answering their finals.

Anyways, let's just get straight to the list.
  • Cry Cry from Jhoota Hi Sahi - This one's by AR Rahman. I wasn't too impressed with our "Oscar Hero" 's composition for Enthiran ( they were good but not mindblowing) but I must say that he's back. I love those slow, soul-catching songs that he comes up with and this song is up there with the likes of Kabhi Kabhi Aditi (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) and Masakkali (Delhi 6).
  • Yathe Yathe, Ayyayayo & Otha Sollala from Aadukalam - These 3 songs are from the same movie, composed by GV Prakash. Yathe Yathe and Ayyayayo are simply beautiful, melodious and haunting (to a certain degree). They are by far one of the best works of GVP, in my opinion. Otha Sollala is more of a kuthu type of song that might not be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy it thoroughly!
  • Bathing at Cannes & Nenjil Nenjil from Engeyum Kaathal - Harris Jeyaraj just does it every time. I can't recall any movie of his without at least one beautiful song. Bathing at Cannes is a beautiful rap song.Ya, I never thought I would say this, but it is a beautiful rap song, with our very own Malaysian, Emcee Jesz. Nenjil Nenjil is typical Harris Jeyaraj music, but some or rather makes me wanna listen to it again and again.
  • Ennamo Yedho from Ko - Harris Jeyaraj with Emcee Jesz again. But trust me, this is not a rap song. Atleast not a typical one.
For those music-lovers out there, check these songs out and let me know if you like them too.

1 comment:

Jeevan said...

My favorite is Yathe Yathe... must check with Engeyum Kaathal! thanks for sharing sree :)