Saturday, February 23, 2008

Movies I wanna watch...

I am a big movie fan, especially tamil movies.Love watching good, entertaining movies.I have to admit though that I don't visit the theatres regularly unless a movie is worth watching in the theatre comes up. I usually go for vcd/dvds (rental) which are more convenient and cheap!
Since I have been on holidays....I have been watching a few movies that I missed and I must say that I was pretty satisfied.
I watched :
1.Kalloori
2.Pollathavan
3.Pirivom Santhipom
All of them were good esp. Pollathavan and Kallori (except for its ending).
Now, I have my eyes on 2 movies, one which was released last year and another which just came out.




1.Taare Zameen Par : This movie was released in 2007 and was both critically and commercially acclaimed.This movie is Aamir Khan's first as a director and he produced it too.The movie deals with the story of a child with learning difficulties.In general, the movie's theme seems to focus on the fact that every child is special and according to the many reviews that I checked out, the overall verdict is that its a must watch.

I have always loved movies with off-beat themes and subjects and I am hoping to get this one's DVD soon.



2.Anjathey : This one got released a few days ago and has been receiving rave reviews from all quarters.Not sure if it has been released here or not but the whole team associated with the movie is quite promising.This movie is "Chithiram Pesuthadi" fame Mysskin's second film.Has Narain as the lead actor once again with "Chennai 600028" fame Vijayalakshmi as the heroine.So far, I managed to catch a glimpse of 3 songs featured in the movie thanks to Sun Music!!! All of them are mediocre although there's one number which is frequently showed.By the way, it's a cop story with a gripping screenplay it seems (according to most of the reviews) and there's a weak point connected to the movie.Guess what? The movie is more than 3 hours long.I have no idea how I can stand that btw.Anyway, I am eager to watch this one too due to the humble cast and crew involved.I have begun getting irritated by watching the likes of Vj and Co in the same old formulaic stories!!!

*No offence to any of Vj's fans please!



Thats all for now.Right now trying to get hold of the TZP DVD which I can't seem to find anywhere....


Signing off....Sree :)

No comments: