Friday, February 29, 2008

Interesting 10 #1

So, I am back! I was kinda busy the past few days...a lot of things happened...UNEXPECTED things,anyway I have to thank GOD for making sure everything went alright... :)

Anyway....I was thinking to post something interesting...so,I had this idea of posting 10 interesting facts about anything...rite from food,entertainment,people and bla bla bla.

Here I am,with my first ever "Interesting 10" post....I would probably post such stuff every week... This week, its about Malaysia!!!

10 interesting things/facts about Malaysia!!!
Here,we go...

1."TUN" is the most senior federal title and there can be no more than 25 living recipients at any one time.

2.The largest cave chamber in the world is the Sarawak Chamber in Gunung Mulu National Park which can easily accommodate a Boeing 747-200.

3.Malaysia shares with Qatar the world's lowest death rate of respiratory diseases, at 7.5 death per annum per 100 000 people.

4.CINEMA came to Malaya (now Malaysia) in 1933 with the screening of Laila Majnum, based on a Sanskrit play of two ill-fated loves, directed by B.S. Rajhans and produced by the Singapore-based Motilal Chemical Company.

5.Malaysia produces a meagre 15 feature films annually but churns out 300 to 400 television dramas and serials.

6.Malaysia has 9 sultans, the highest number of reigning Sultans in the world.

7.The longest mural in the World is painted on the walls of Pudu Jail, Kuala Lumpur. It is 263 m in length and 4.47 m high. The mural was painted by a single inmate, Mr Khong Yen Chong who was released in 1987.

8.SIPADAN Island of Sabah is one of the world's top diving spots.

9.The Penang Bridge is the third longest in Asia at 13.7 km.

10.Malaysia is the world's leading producer of rubber and oil.

Kinda interesting right??? Esp. no 1,3 & 7.... who would have expected the longest MURAL in PUDU JAIL???!!!Anyways, thats all for now.... signing off, Sree :)


2 comments:

tulipspeaks said...

testing my GK.. failed #2 - #5. others all i know..

no bad huh :P


ammu.

Anonymous said...

WOOAH!!!
not bad??? Thats EXCEPTIONAL!!!
Seriously!!!

I only knew 1,9 n 10...hehehe...so much for my GK! LOL