Monday, April 21, 2008

Roja

Roja : A type of flower (Rose), Maniratnam's movie!!!

Yup, finally...I got to watch the movie!!!! I LOVE ASTRO!!!!!!! Astro just makes my day, just about everyday!!!!!! Thanks to 'Vellithirai', Ch 202 I got the chance to watch the movie!!!!
Roja is a '92 film by Maniratnam. I was always curious and pretty much interested in it. One main reason was the soul-captivating music by AR Rahman. Besides that, the theme of the movie. It's about the long standing 'fight' over Kashmir by India and Pakistan. The movie doesn't focus too much on this, but rather showcases the effects of it, Terrorism to be more precise. But, within this serious theme, the director weaved in a beautiful love story. It's not the usual, boy meets girl...falls in love kinda story...it's something more cute, I would say.
Anyway, I totally enjoyed the movie..right from the beginning till the end...it was just beautiful!
To start off with, Arvind Swamy (hero) was just superb. He looked good and was totally into the character of a husband who loves and misses the wife and at the same time, the ever patriotic Indian! Certain scenes, especially the dialogues between the militant and Arvind were amazing.
Next up, Madhubala... one talented actress who I have not watched much...Anyway, she was really good in this movie.Be it the affection towards the husband or even the confident she shows whenever a situation comes up hinting that the husband might have died....she was just superb! Loved the innocence, confidence and the bravery that she potrayed!
Music... need I say anything at all...Loved each and every song in the movie, esp. Kadhal Rojavae and Pudhu Vellai Mazhai!!! Kinda got irritated with the "Rukkumani" song though, I still don't get the relevance of the song and the choreography was just BAD!!!
Overall, the movie was simply wonderful...For those who have not watched it yet, please do ASAP!!!!! Ya, I know.... I would probably be the only one who missed this movie...anyway, seriously,watch it!!!
Now, I am just wondering if the shop I go to, to rent movies would have 'Bombay' with them...Have not watched it also.....Gotta watch it after my exams....
Gtg now btw, chao!

No comments: