Thursday, May 8, 2008

Current favs...

I am talking about music,songs..
First of all, I love MUSIC. love listening to SONGS.
I listen to Tamil,English and Hindi songs but right now, am kinda outdated in the English and Hindi music industry. For tamil, I am a die-hard fan of tamil cinema songs. love AR Rahman, Harris Jeyaraj, Yuvan and the latest GV Prakash.
Anyway, I just felt like listing my current favourites...they are not in any particular order though.

*Pallanadhu Pallanadhu from Kuruvi.
Vidyasagar has churned out just the right song one needs to listen to, to get some energy...lift up their backs and start dancing. seriously. Oh, fyi... he sang the song too!

*Adada Adadaa from Santhosh Subramaniam.
OMG...this song is just amazing. It's peppy and really, really nice. Siddarth (from the movie, Boys) is the singer, and really...he has a really cute voice! BTW, the video of the song is cute too.

*Venmegham Ponnagi from Yaaradi Nee Mohini.
Not sure who sang this one but its really haunting. It's kind of a sad song but worth every bit of it. love it.

*Saghiyae from Dhaam Dhoom.
Okay, this one is by my favourite singer, Bombay Jeyashree and Krish. If I am not mistaken, Krish is the one who sang the big-time hit, "June Ponal" from Unnalae Unnalae. On Jeyashree, her voice is simply beautiful...I still remember one of my friends saying that her voice sounds rough, but seriously I find it unique and pretty much haunting as well!

*Kannadhasan Kaaraikudi from Anjathey.
Okay, I don't really like ghaana songs. but really like this one for its lyrics (it's weird but somehow, I like it) and also the music. Somehow, just somehow it's really nice.Even the dance steps in this song are kinda cool...hehe.Oh, watched the movie yesterday night btw. Will definitely post my thoughts on it asap.

2 comments:

tulipspeaks said...

I loved the songs from Yaradee Nee Mohini. Weird title for that movie, but the music was really good compared to the others in the list.


ammu.

Anonymous said...

ya, the songs from YNM are good.and yes, a weird title, may be they were referring to Nayantara! hehe...kidding!

regards,
Sree