Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Filmi Week!!!

Yes, as the title suggests...The past week was filled with tons of movies for me!!! Not that I don't watch movies regularly (almost everyday!), but this week in particular was filled with a lot of movies. Last Saturday, I went for Dasavatharam. And then, on Thursday, I watched Sindhu Bhairavi, one movie I was waiting for to watch. Then, on Friday I watched the first 2 CDs of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Finished the rest today afternoon! This is probably the third time I am watching the movie. KKHH is simply amazing!!! Yesterday, I watched Fanaa in the afternoon and Onbathu Roobai Nottu in the evening. Today afternoon, I watched Pallikoodam and right now, Chennai 600028 is going on,on SunTV. Honestly, I am not complaining. Each of them were totally awesome, in different ways/perspectives of course! Now, a little bit on each of the movies.

*Dasavatharam - enough said in my previous post I believe :)
*Sindhu Bhairavi - After watching it, I totally understand why Suhasini got the National Award for the movie. Once again, a different, realistic story from K.Balachander. Songs were beautiful!
*Kuch Kuch Hota Hai - Do I need to say anything at all? Loved the movie totally. Shahrukh,Kajol and Rani did an amazing job. And the songs, are still one of my faves!!!
*Fanaa - I can't believe I missed this movie. The word is beautiful. Honestly, Kajol was pretty!!! Aamir Khan, oh my....he was simply awesome!!! Songs were beautiful both to my eyes and ears.I am currently hooked to three of the songs; Chand Sifarish,Chanda Chamke and Mere Haath Mein!!! It's kinda old, was out in 2006, but who cares!!! hehe...
*Onbathu Roobai Nottu - Never thought I would be discussing Sathyaraj in this blog, but he was really good in the old man's role. He should go for this kind of movies and not the commercial flicks with young girls dancing around him!
*Pallikoodam - Thankar Bachan's movie. Another realistic and different story from him which I enjoyed! It was a very soft and beautiful story based on a school and the biggest plus point was the characterisations. Narain, Sneha, Seeman and Thankar Bachan played the main characters. Nothing big in terms of commercial value, but it was touching and emotional.
*Chennai 600028 - A fun and exciting movie with newcomers. Premji Amaran (an upcoming comedian & music director) was super funny and songs were awesome!!! An amazing movie that can be watched with friends and family. A movie based on cricket and friendship.

That's all for now, I guess. Ch@o!

1 comment:

Jamuuna said...

I also watched SindhuBhairavi the other day. Love the songs!!! God...why don't we have songs like that anymore...sob sob. She got a national award for that movie? I did not know. Well executed